Friday, February 8, 2008

Day One

Well, that pretty much sums up today. So many habits that involve food. So many little moments when I would normally use food as a coping mechanism. So many social invitations throughout the day to grab a bite or have a coffee, etc. The first few days without eating it always becomes painfully clear how acceptable, and even normal, it is in modern society to self-medicate with food.

Out with the old, in with the new.

I actually feel good physically and wasn't truly hungry all day. It was just the patterns that have become almost second nature coming up over and over as a potent reminder that I have decided to change. And there's no going back for me. After this feast I will not be the same person. I am embarking on an epic journey towards my real true self. All that is unnecessary will and must fall away.

Today I had:
24 oz Carrot/Apple/Beet/Ginger juice
16 oz plain old orange juice
48 oz Pineapple/Spinach/Celery/Mint juice
For a total of 88 oz
plus:
16 oz Green Tea

So I didn't quite make the gallon mark, but I will try to get all of it in tomorrow.

Today's Weight: 210.0 lbs
Today's Body Mass Index: 31.1

On that note I am going to start getting ready for bed. I'm tired and my back hurts a little and I just want to rest. I will take measurements and hopefully post a "before" picture over the weekend.

Aloha and Namaste,

Ellen

No comments: