Thursday, April 16, 2009

DAY 2: Green Smoothie Challenge

So I haven't really been doing the Green Smoothie Girl Challenge verbatim. At least not to start. She is my inspiration and I do take her recommendations to heart. I want to incorporate all ten of her points eventually, but for the next several weeks these are my personal goals:

1 green smoothie per day
1 green salad per day
1 green tea per day
1 fresh vegetable-based juice per day
1 gallon of water per day
workout - yoga, swim or The Firm - every day

Today's Weight: 211.5 lbs

THAT'S 5.5 LBS LOST IN JUST 2 DAYS!!

I kinda knew that this would happen, though. It seems that pounds that come on fast are also fast to leave once I eliminate the junk food that caused them to creep back.

Yesterday's Food Choices:
32 oz green smoothie w/ pineapple, banana,
red leaf lettuce, romaine, mint & orange juice
(9am - home)
Kona chocolate chip pancakes
(1 pm - home)
2 apples w/ chyawanprash
(3 pm - home)
carrot, apple, beet, ginger juice
(5 pm - Jewel or Juice)

carrot spice muffin
(7 pm - Coffee Talk)

Today's Food Choices:
32 oz green smoothie w/ pineapple, banana,
red leaf lettuce, romaine, mint & orange juice
(8am - home)
wild salmon fillet
salad w/ spinach, onions, carrots,
tomatoes,
artichoke hearts, sunflower seeds & vinaigrette dressing
(1 pm - Salad Creations)
peanut M&M's
(3 pm - work)
carrot, apple, celery, beet, ginger juice
(8:30 pm - home)

2 comments:

Duffy Pratt said...

Remember, the initial quick weight loss is probably a combination of detox (which is good), and water weight. Since you are doing Bikram as well, I'd be especially careful about loss of water weight. It sounds like you are doing great, but this is something I would keep in mind. Dehydration is not fun.

Kristen's Raw said...

You're off to a great start! I like your plan. Green - Green - Green!!!

Good luck!

Cheers,
Kristen