Thursday, June 19, 2008


You know, I don't want to jinx myself but this has been surprisingly easy so far. I didn't give up coffee so no caffeine headaches. I am still allowing myself little cheats here and there. Like a cookie or some peanut butter chocolate popcorn. But the kicker is that I haven't gone crazy on any of these. I have definitely eliminated the "obvious" animal products. And I think that's a good start - sort of a PHASE ONE - if you will.

Today's Weight: 213.0
Today's BMI: 31.5


FOR A TOTAL OF 2.5 POUNDS LOST SO FAR!!!!!

I am extremely pleased with that number. That was my AM weight this morning, so only two and a half days into my vegan journey. Just goes to show you how awful I was eating before.


TODAY'S FOOD CHOICES:

16 oz coffee w/ 4 oz soy milk & 2 squirt2 hazelnut syrup
1 cup Kashi GoLean dry cereal

1 ziploc baggie baby carrots

12 inch Subway veggie sandwich w/ honey & dijon mustard

1 sugar cookie

1 semi-sweet chocolate chip cookie

1 oatmeal raisin cookie

2 medium mangoes

1 cup rice w/ 2 cups steamed veggies & shoyu sauce

Mixture Green & Peppermint Tea



YESTERDAY'S FOOD CHOICES:


16 oz coffee w/ 4 oz soy milk & 2 squirts hazelnut syrup
1 cup Kashi GoLean dry cereal

1 vegetable samosa w/ sauce

Vegan yellow curry w/ brown rice

Salad w/ roasted sunflower dressing, raisins & sunflower seeds
20 oz ginger mint lemonade

1/4 package of peanut butter chocolate popcorn

3 big slices of watermelon
2 Yukon Gold potatoes mashed w/ garlic salt & water

2 cups steamed string beans

Mixture Green & Peppermint Tea


TUESDAY'S FOOD CHOICES:

16 oz coffe w/ 4oz soy milk & 2 squirts hazelnut syrup
3 - 8 inch celery stalks w/ peanut butter
Huge salad w/ garbanzo beans, lots of raw veggies & vinaigrette dressing
1 medium mango
4 slices watermelon
2 homemade chocolate chip cookies
Big bowl of popcorn popped in coconut oil w/ a pinch of sea salt

I am trying to make lunch my biggest meal and I have completely eliminated sodas. Even with the not so great "cheat" foods, I still feel pretty clean. And all this through the first couple of days of my period when cravings are usually pretty bad. Monday I had to take medication for cramps a couple of times throughout the day and I had a glass of red wine with ice cubes after I wrote in my blog so it didn't get listed.

Still haven't started yoga but I have been taking my dogs for a short walk every morning. I will add in more strenuous exercize. Right now I am still sort of letting myself ease into my new lifestyle. All in all I am pretty damn proud of myself and can imagine sustaining this way of eating over the long term.

Aloha and Goodnight to all!

Ellen

No comments: